Allocations & What They Mean
In response to Tuesday evening’s webinar “Post COVID Supply Management” we wanted to take a moment to talk about allocations and what they mean. In the supply industry, an allocation is a term used to describe when “slots” of high demand products are set aside. Allocations are based on many factors, one of them being past usage. You can increase your likely hood of receiving an allocation by continuing to order consistently with your current supply chain vendor. By continuing to order within the Talar family, you not only save money, but you will have an accurate record of past usage. You also receive a 1% rebate on all Medline branded items.
We encourage our members to work with their Medline Representative, or the vendor they usually order their supplies through, to understand what your true needs are. Medline uses a tool called the “Burn Calculator” that can help you estimate a more accurate quantity size on your most sought after supplies. Call or email your Medline Rep today with the answers to these four questions:
- What state are you in?
- How many patients are you typically treating per day?
- If you are closed, when do you plan to reopen?
- Do you have needs for new personal protection equipment that you did not use in the past? For example: N95 masks, isolation gowns, face masks etc.
Also, feel free to check out Medline`s COVID 19 resource center for the most up to date information regarding supply availability here.
Talar Medical is a community built around giving back to the Podiatric industry. I hope you have found our #TalarTuesday webinar series to be a valuable resource. You can find all past and upcoming webinars in the Talar Medical COVID 19 Resource Center here.
- Talar Medical Fully Funds $50,000 Commitment to APMA Scholarship Endowment
- Clean Air & Surfaces for Safer Workspaces: ActivePure Technology’s Impact
- Talar Medical Co-Founder, Dr. Jeff DeSantis Honored by the California Podiatric Medical Association
- Limb Preservation Center: Multidisciplinary Approach
- 5 ways to get the most out of your Talar Medical membership